Tell your friends

Friday, September 3, 2010

Le Journal du Mal

For my Research Studio class at SAIC, I have to keep a daily journal with a cohesive theme. The point is to learn how to collect and gather information over a certain period of time; and to also see what we learn as artist.
A few were going to document the food they ate daily, others collect packs of gum and what not.
I settled on the idea of "Le Journal du Mal" or translated, "The Journal of Hurt (or bad)."
I am going to keep track of the pain my body feels, both mentally and physically. I am only two days into the project, but I am having a lot of fun with it. It is making me realize how I do not take care of my body like I should.
The mental aspect of "my hurt" will certainly develop as time goes on. I am interested to see if this journal takes a different turn in direction..


"Le Journal du Mal"


September 2nd, 2010
"I was very nervous about class today. Nine out of ten fingers have hang nails now. I chew on my finger nails like a rabbit chews on carrots."



September 3rd, 2010
"I made my finger nails bleed again today. I need to get over this nervous thing. It feels like I burnt a hole through my throat."

No comments:

Post a Comment