Tell your friends

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I'm seeing pups

It's been too long my fellow readers! By fellow readers I mean Mom, Dad, and my cat (yeah, he can read).
Summer has been so much fun, almost too much fun. I haven't had a lot of time to just sit down and work. I have, however, been doing a little bit of work.
I recently did a library card titled "Dogs."
This turned out so cute! It was originally going paint a single-headed corgi, but that idea did not correlate with with the plural title. I also added a bindi to both of the corgis' foreheads.

This is something you have to look at in person. A lot of the detail of the fur and line quality was lost when I scanned it. I didn't really know what to do for the background. I usually leave my subject matter in open space, but what if i were to put them in a setting? Would it change the meaning of the picture entirely? I could place this cute little pooch in a cage, which would stereotype it into an animal and/or religious rights category. OR I could place it in a temple, thus making the corgis a sacred animal of worship. Who knows.



I also made two other library cards back in early June. These two were also based on the feminist series I wrote about not too long ago. Both of these are collages.





















I really want to start painting and collage more. Maybe on a bigger scale verses a three by five library card.

No comments:

Post a Comment